Jethro Bushenbaum, CA
- 1998 Chartered Accountancy Uniform Final Exam, Gold Medallist for Canada
- Placed First in Canada out of 2700 writers, by scoring 399 out of 400 marks.
- 1996 - 1998 Concordia University
Diploma in Accountancy
- 1992 - 1996 University of New Brunswick
- Faculty of Business Administration: Concentration in Accounting
Graduated with Distinction
Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Sept 2000 - Present Jethro Bushenbaum, Chartered Accountant.
- Sole practitioner chartered accountant specializing in small business year ends and corporate taxation, corporate reorganizations, small business consulting, trust taxation, and personal tax.
- Feb 2000 - Sept 2000 Senior Manager Farnham Seaton Chartered Accountants
- Responsibilities include reviewing audit, notice to reader compilations and review engagement files prepared by the staff accountants. Staff planning and allocation of client files to the staff accountants, monitoring day to day work of the staff accountants. Involved in the firms strategic planning and implementation of this plan.
- 1999 - Present CICA Uniform Final Exam Centre
- Marking of the Comprehensive question of the Uniform Final Exam for 1999 and 2000.
- Feb 1999 - Feb 2000 Internal Auditor Operations
Symcor Services Inc.
- Responsible for reviewing, recommending, and documenting controls in place (at the six regional centres) to ensure effective and efficient data processing. Duties also included the review and evaluation of controls over the security of financial items processed and delivered by the company and the identification of high-risk areas with recommendations to mitigate the risk. Reporting responsibilities were to the manager of the internal audit department and to the Senior Vice President, Finance.
- Oct 1996 - Feb 1999 Senior Staff Accountant
Ernst & Young
- Responsibilities include planning, running, and supervising audit mandates. This includes co-ordinating
and communicating important issues with clients and EY managers and partners, overseeing the work of first
and second year staff accountants, and ensuring that the mandates are completed on time.
- 1995 - 1996 Teaching Assistant U.N.B. , Dr. Pam Ritchie, BA 2203, Financial Accounting
- Responsible for correcting and marking student's assignments, quizzes, cases, and conduct a weekly tutorial to assist students who require assistance in the course.
Bilingual in French and English
Excellent computer skills
Good communication skills and experience in public speaking
- 1998 Governor General's Gold Medal and the Edmond Gunn Prize for placing first in Canada on the 1998 Chartered Accountancy Uniform Final Exam.
- 1998 Howard B. Ripstein Chartered Accountancy Award.
Awarded to the Concordia student who ranks highest on the UFE.
- 1995 - 1996 Ernst and Young Prize in accounting, Florence L. Murray Memorial Scholarship and Certified General Accountants Association of New Brunswick Prize.
- 1993 - 1996 University of New Brunswick Special Undergraduate Scholarship.
- 1992 - 1996 U.N.B. Dean's List.
- 1991 Outstanding Goaltender Quebec Provincial High School Hockey Championship.
- 1987- 1989 Gold Medalist Olympic Style Wrestling.
Greater Montreal Athletic Association Championship meet and Quebec Provincial Championship meet.
- Nov 1994 Competed in Doanne Raymond Accounting Case Competition
- Held during the Atlantic Business School Conference in Halifax.
- 1994 Peer Mentor: Faculty of Administration
- Responsible for helping new students get acquainted with U.N.B. and the Faculty of Administration.
- 1993 - 1994 Aitken House Committee: Physical Facilities Representative
- Responsible for ordering all house clothing and keeping a $100 float containing change for the members of the house.
- 1992 - 1996 U.N.B. Intramural Sports
- Ice hockey, ball hockey, softball, and touch football.
- 1987 - 1991 High School Athletics
- Varsity hockey and varsity wrestling teams.
Golfing, softball, tennis, skiing, swimming, reading, ice and roller hockey.
Services | Biography | Contact | Home | What's New
(c) 2001-2018 Jethro Bushenbaum CA
Webpage design by webmaster